Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Love & Lace

 One of my biggest loves is Lace! 

I adore the beautiful, faded, crumpling, delicate nature of antique lace and the wonderful items that you can create from a few precious scraps of it.

I was lucky enough this weekend,to purchase a big bag of antique lace from my favourite vintage shop Josies.


Inside was a bundle of antique lace of different lengths, a childs lace bonnet, a couple of lace hankies and also a handful of cardboard pieces with lace runners wrapped around them.
So beautiful and unique, and all handmade lace.
I have many ideas to use the lace for, but started making antique lace love brooches yesterday which i am listing on the website later today.


Antique linen, filled and then handsewn with lace, vintage diamante and antique beads.
How many of you out there love lace as much as i do!?
x

8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a gorgeous stash of lace. I've just found your blog via Lobster and Swan - it's lovely and I will be back for a lengthier read of old posts tomorrow, Cathy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Lobster and Swan so lovely a blog to read! I heart it!
      Thank you for your lovely comments and i hope you do come back for some more reading!
      x

      Delete
  2. I adore lace, especially since is so in fashion right now. I am currently on the hunt for some fun pieces for my wardrobe.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i maybe a lace addict! Just been looking online to see what clothing items in lace there at the moment-too many to pick from!
      x

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog - very pretty indeed.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable blog I found!
    I love the romantic vintage vibe throught out your layout. soo cute!
    I love Lace! Check out my Lace Label on my blog. Lots of pretty stuff!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete