Monday, 12 March 2012

Finds of the Fair

Sesame and Lilly stood at the Vintage Village Fair in Stockport yesterday and what a wonderful day we had.

Amongst lots of sales, and making new friends, I of course managed to buy some vintage treasures for myself.

At the moment, I am still very busy with Freelance Print Design and bought some beautiful 1920s silk hankies for inspiration.
 When I have finished using them I think I will frame them to put in the bedroom.

I also managed to find some amazing vintage tiny beads to use for Sesame and Lilly.
I'm so in LOVE with them, aren't the colours together divine?
Carrying on with the bead theme, I also bought a beautiful small vintage beaded purse to add to my collection.
I think the colours are so inspiring and hope to use them to produce some new more colourful beaded cushions.

I also bought this wonderful 1920s dress trim that has seen better days but I love it for the fact it is decaying! I think I may just hang it on my dressing table as decoration.
Some vintage pearls to use on my cushions

Finally, my favourite purchases of the fair where these wonderful tins and bottles with tiny vintage beads in them.



I love the old bottle and label-which I think would be a favourite of Jeska at Lobster and Swan with her love of old labels.

Did you purchase any vintage finds this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment