Thursday, 12 April 2012

Eye Candy Part 3

A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to be purchase a private collection of vintage dress swatches from New York.

These came from an old fashion house that was closing.

 The swatches had been used to show clients details to choose from when designing their clothing.

For example, a beaded neckline, embroidery on the hem and cuffs.
All where hand stitched and beaded, amazing work.

I sold a few for inspiration to some of the big high street brands, but many I kept for myself, wrapped in layers of tissue, ready to frame for my home.


I feel so lucky to have them. 
These few pictures just show a small example of the swatches, I will post more at a later today but for now I hope you love them as much as I do.
x

2 comments:

  1. They are amazing!! So beautiful - please show us moooore!!! :-)

    Love
    Gisela
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just taking a "bead break" from my dull day. These are so beautiful they made me shiver!

    Lotts x

    ReplyDelete