Friday, 4 October 2013

{Under the thatch}



This week my lovely husband and I visited Wales, staying at a beautiful 17th Century cottage recommended to us by the lovely Jeska at Lobster and Swan.
Situated on a sunny, sheltered little plateau right in the Black Mountains on the eastern side of the Brecon Beacons National Park, the cottage has a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

 With a stone tile roof, faded limewashed walls, and an amazingly well preserved 17th Century oak screen.
Although the weather was pouring most of the week we still ventured out to nearby towns, one of our favourites being Hay-on-Wye- full of lovely cafes, lots of bookshops and amazing produce shops.

More photos to come, but for now one of myself- wearing the biggest waterproof coat (way too big for me), walking rucksack and boots. 

Those that know me well, know that I am certainly not one for 'sensible' clothing, so my husband was super surprised to get me into this attire.

What didn't surprise him though, was the fact I still wore red lipstick, even half-way up a mountain side!



If you would like to stay at this wonderful cottage, which i highly recommend, details can be found here.

Happy Weekend
x

No comments:

Post a Comment